Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Introduction

I guess it is time for me to introduce myself...

    My name is Geneise M. Graham.  I am the mother of two, Adriyana (8) and Ashton (5).  They are the world to me!  I recently graduated from Troy University with a Master in Public Administration with a concentration in Public Management.  That accomplishment is special to me because my mother, Carrie also graduated from Troy University with a Master of Science in Counseling.  Go Trojans!  I am currently attending Capella University, working on my Doctor of Public Administration (DPA).

   I started writing this blog about a week ago with no real direction.  At first, I was a little skeptical about the content that I would focus on, but for some time now, I have been concerned about the state of our youth and our communities and wondered what I could do to help.  For the past 10 years, I have wrestled with a concept of "Building A Better Me." My thought is that no matter what happens, when you take the time to help someone else, you are ultimately helping yourself become a better person.  I try to learn something from everyone I meet; whether it is good or bad!

What I hope to accomplish with this blog? 

     This is a question that I am still struggling to answer.  I would like to use it as a platform for character building and enrichment, as well as, a source of information on different subjects.  I hope that each blog that I post assists someone in some manner, even if it is just a conversation around the dinner table. 

One of my favorite quotes is:

"A Journey of A Thousand Miles, Must Begin With A Single Step!"~Lao Tzu

     That quotes means a lot to me because no matter what you do, you have to take that first step and this blog is my first step to helping others because in doing so, I am "BUILDING A BETTER ME!"

Geneise
 



No comments:

Post a Comment