Monday, September 2, 2013

Interviewing

Having been pushed back into the job-seeking market, I have been forced to re-evaluate my skills and abilities.  Although, I thought it would be easy, it has turned out to be much easier said than done. Interview questions are so position specific that skill sets are lost in translation.  I have found it to be very difficult to explain my skill sets.

I am a person that enters an organization and not only do I learn my position and my responsibilities, I also take the initiative to learn the responsibilities and duties of the other positions that I have to interact with on a regular basis.  I like to see the big picture know exactly where I fit in and how what I do affects the operation of the organization.

Often in the interview, the question is whether or not, I have actually performed in that position? The answer is no, but I know the policy and procedures that structure that part of the position because I was willing to learn what others were doing in order to have a complete puzzle.

How do I reinvent myself?

Geneise

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not sis you are reinventing yourself by reinventing your mind. Now that you know how they are asking the questions now you can just figure out how to answer. You will do great. I know your spirit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I am reinventing myself, however, it wasn't the fact that I didn't know how to answer the questions because I answered them. The problem was the interviewer asked me if I worked in a particular position and when my response was no, she assumed that I did not have any knowledge of a particular program.

    ReplyDelete