Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Place and My Mission

     The Purpose Driven Life written by Rick Warren, it a great place to begin in determining what you were placed here on earth to do.  I am a firm believer that each person has their own talent and mission in life.  Currently, I am struggling with finding my place and my mission.  Although, that should be the last thing that I am doing because I put my ideas on paper 4 years ago. 

     I am originally from a small rural town in Georgia and my vision has always been to give back to the community from which I came.  I want to reach back and assist as many people as I possibly can in reaching their goals or just connecting them with resources and information that will make their lives easier.  I want to help our youth create and execute a successful plan for their futures.

     For a number of years, I have had a vision to bring my family and friends together to create a business that we can build from the ground up.  Each one of us are at a point in our lives where we would like to venture out and try something new.  We have different skills, interests, and abilities.  Why not think outside the box? 

     Today, my co-worker, told me that if my vision is one that is near and dear to my heart and if God keeps bringing it to the forefront, then it is time that I take that vision, create a plan, and put it into action.  The following poem is one of my favorites and will be the catalyst to my family's success.

The Road Not Taken


By Robert Frost 1874–1963 Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment